LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kristine Strasburger » February 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm

This is the official Team Room for the virtual team LUNA-TICS.

The virtual team LUNA-TICS was founded by team mate Matt Forsbacka.
Here is his founding statement:

As a card-carrying luna-tic, I'm committed to returning to the Moon. So for all of you folks affilated with NASA, or are just interested in space exploration, please join me in racking up the miles to and fro from the Moon. 250,000 miles each way, so I'll need a lot of help. I row to help relieve some of the stress that goes along with being responsible for developing robotic explorers of our Moon. Working for NASA is actually a lot of fun and a great honor, but having the chain to pull helps guide my occasional angst into improving my health. I hope you enjoy similar benefits of this magnificent obsession. Cheers! Matt

The team has grown in size and spirit with the 2008 January Virtual Challenge. You can read our 2008 JVC posts by going to the Team Room set up just for that challenge. We had A LOT of fun together!
Click here to view the 2008 JVC Team Room posts: http://www.c2forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7137.

There is always room on the LUNA-TICS boat for one more rower. If you want to jump in with us, simply edit your profile to designate your team affiliation as LUNA-TICS. (Go to your Logbook, then Profile top tab, then edit profile, then scroll almost to the bottom to University/Club Standings Affiliation and enter in the team name. Don't forget to add a picture to your profile while you are editing. It is a team goal to have as many member photos on our team roster as possible. If you need help re-sizing or preparing your photo for use on your profile or as an avatar on this forum, just contact Kristine at kstrasburgerk@yahoo.com for help.)

If you want to be added to the special team challenges team called LUNA-TICS, simply edit your logbook page to add yourself to the LUNA-TICS during any open enrollment period for team challenges. You only need to do this once, and your name will remain on the challenge team roster for the current and all future team challenges. If you have any trouble or need assistance you can send an email with LUNA-TICS in the subject line to the Team Captain, Kristine Strasburger: kstrasburgerk@yahoo.com

Everyone, even those not on the LUNA-TICS teams, are welcome to post here in our Team Room. Thanks for visiting us. We hope you decide to join us on our trip into space!

LUNA-TICS Logo Products available from Cafepress.com

2008 JVC Commemmorative Logo Shirt: http://www.cafepress.com/buy/210108135/ ... _210108135

Mug: http://www.cafepress.com/buy/227176282/ ... _227176282

Last edited by Kristine Strasburger on December 6th, 2008, 1:33 pm, edited 9 times in total.
☆~Kristine~☆

sheltiegirl
Paddler

Post by sheltiegirl » February 7th, 2008, 1:11 pm

Fantastic! It will be a fun trip, I'm sure.

Lynn

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » February 7th, 2008, 1:43 pm

sheltiegirl wrote:Image
Nice pic. It belies the fact that a pea held at arms length is big enough to eclipse the sphere of the moon.

How long do you Luna-Tics plan on rowing before you arrive on the Lunar surface? Have you planned the return journey?

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » February 7th, 2008, 2:09 pm

Actually one of our teammates has suggested that we go on to Saturn before we make a return trip so....we'll just keep racking up those million meter awards until we determine that we are either Lost in Space or headed home! The goal is outrageous enough to be possible!

Thanks for getting the team room set up Kristine!

Kona2

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Post by PJM » February 7th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Hello LUNA-TICS!!
Great new team room..
Comfortable surroundings.
TO THE MOON and Beyond!!!

PJM
B)
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/lockaroundmyheart/Not%20Real%20Pictures/Animations/diddle-1.gif[/img]

Patbyron
Paddler

Post by Patbyron » February 7th, 2008, 7:00 pm

I don't post much but am so glad I joined the JVC. I only started getting into rowing with the Holiday challenge, but more than doubled my meters in January.
Today I redid the 2000 and bested my time by 19 seconds. My daughter is a coach for a high school team and other clubs, so I asked her to guess my improvement. She guessed 8 seconds....so I feel that I have accomplished something along the way. Not bad!
I have a question....can we check on the meters logged per team and the average per member like we did for the challenge? It was an incentive for me not to drop below the average.
I am also following the Timbuktoo team page. PJ's posts are just such fun. I don't really know how these teams work, but I'll figure it out while on the ride to the moon!
Pat

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » February 7th, 2008, 7:10 pm

thanks for setting up a room for us, kristine...did my first 20,000 meters on tuesday and did it again today...btw...wasn't there a post of stopping off for brownies and ice cream while we are on our journey....or am i making that up...barbara

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » February 7th, 2008, 7:23 pm

Good for you, Pat and Barbara! Great job! We are still getting snow here in Idaho, so the shoveling has taken over for awhile. I think I have given myself some injury to the shoulders with all the shoveling, so am backing off the rowing for a few more days. :(

You can view all the team stats by clicking on the University/Club Standings link on the left side-bar in your Logbook. This will show the accumulation by rowing season. Since we are nearing the end of this season the averages will be pretty high. It will be fun to be watching it starting at the beginning of the new season on May 1.

You can click on the number to the left of any team to see that team's members' individual meters and profiles. It is kinda fun to poke around, and see the makeup of the teams.
☆~Kristine~☆

NMB4010
Paddler

Post by NMB4010 » February 7th, 2008, 7:38 pm

Yeah!!! Thank you for setting up our new team room!!! I'm fixin' to hit th erg shortly for some serious rowing after a few days off. :)

Hang tough everyone and keep going!!!

Tom, you still out there pulling serious meters?

acrewer
2k Poster

Post by acrewer » February 7th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Thanks for setting up the team room and these graphics are very cool.

It's a good thing we row on ergs, because there isn't any water on the moon.

I took an entire minute off my 5K time this month, thanks to the team spirit keeping me going.

The Valentine's challenge was the first online event I participated in last year after I bought my Model D. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Gina

kalmjorg
500m Poster

Post by kalmjorg » February 7th, 2008, 11:43 pm

I am all in with you all. I say I do not care how long it takes we will go to the moon. I am moving this week but intend to keep up my rowing none the less.
LJ

thomaspinckney
500m Poster

Post by thomaspinckney » February 8th, 2008, 12:26 pm

Nope: no water on the moon, but there is ELVIS PRESLEY (I saw him there when I was abducted by aliens and later returned to earth by rowing here).

FYI: Elvis and I both share the same birthday (January 8). He would be 73 years old now. Actually, I look better than him for my age (because he died over 25 years ago). :oops:

Thanks for the team room. I've taken a week off to rest and am now back on (the erg).

Image St. Valentine's Day Challenge. Here's an incentive for some of you: Rather than row 14,000 meters over the challenge period, I will row `14,000 meters PER DAY!!

Rowing for the body that men fear and women love! (Elvis and I are now leaving the room!) :roll:

sheltiegirl
Paddler

Post by sheltiegirl » February 8th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Arrrrrrghhhhhhh, Mr. Pinckney, you sure make it hard on some of us! I am doing good just to get my measly 6000 meters in each day that I row!

Keep up the good work and thanks for the added challenge (even though I can't do it myself)!

Lynn

NMB4010
Paddler

Post by NMB4010 » February 8th, 2008, 6:59 pm

Tom, great added challenge! Count me in for 14k a day between today and 2/14!!

Who else is in? :)

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » February 8th, 2008, 7:08 pm

hmmmmm,,,i can't tomorrow cause i have a 20 mile long run and won't make it to the y...but, starting sunday, i'm in..does that count??? barbara